Sage Pappardelle with Duck Ragout
1. Heat duck ragout in a sauté pan. Add butter, demi glace,
salt and pepper.
2. Drop pasta into water and cook. Once cooked, toss in pan
with duck and a little bit of pasta water creating a sauce.
3. Serve in a large bowl with parsley and shaved cheese.
1. Heat olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add duck pieces
and brown slowly, rendering out excess fat. Add vegetables.
Sauté about 15-20 minutes. Add brandy and cook out.
2. Dice pancetta and add to duck.
3. Add broth (to cover by 1-inch), tomato paste, herbs and spices.
Taste for seasoning. Braise on stovetop, slowly, for one hour or
more time as needed. Cool and skim fat.
4. Once meat is pulled off bone, strain sauce and reduce till heavy
nape. Add back to duck and reserve.
Bricco Sage Pasta Dough
1. Combine all ingredients in Hobart mixer.
2. Turn on to speed 2 and walk away.
3. When mixture becomes a ball, pull out mixture and hand knead
4. Wrap in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.
If making flavored pastas, add fresh or dried herbs to the dough
before pulling out of the Hobart mixer and then incorporating by hand
for most flavorful results.
If you are putting a liquid purée in pasta for color, substitute wet
ingredients for amount of purée used.